The Head of Database Management is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all activities for the Database Management Department of the Technical Services Division. Responsibilities of the department include: adds, relocates, withdrawals, and reinstatements; authority control; binding; Federal Depository government document receipts; physical processing; serials check-in; receipt and processing of Tulane University theses; and database enhancement in all processes, involving the update and correction of Voyager data. Librarian participates in library-wide coordination of batch processing initiatives. In addition, the librarian oversees the cataloging of music materials by library staff and an off-site cataloging vendor.
Degrees & Professional Certifications
- M.S., Library Science — University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.Mus., Music History — University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- B.Mus., Sacred Music — Nebraska Wesleyan University
- American Library Association (ALA)
- ALA section memberships:
- Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA)
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS)
- Government Documents (GODORT)
- Music Library Association (MLA)
- Music Library Association, Southeast Chapter (SEMLA)
- Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG)
FRBR applied to online catalogs; batch-editing capabilities for the online catalog; music cataloging.