Cell Phone Use
Many people come to the library to find a quiet place to read and to study. Please respect others' need for quiet and observe these guidelines for cell phone use in the library.
Please turn the cell phone ringer off or to a non-noise setting upon entering the building.
- Cell phone use is acceptable in:
- Elevator lobbies
- Snack lounge and telephone lobby in the basement
- Cell phone use is prohibited in:
- All stack areas
- Reading room areas
- Study and seminar rooms
- Library Instruction Room
- Government Documents
- Microforms and Newspapers area
- Music & Media Center
- The Latin American Library
- Service desks
- Please use a low voice when using a cell phone in the acceptable areas.
- The library reserves the right to ask patrons to leave the building if they are using cell phones in restricted areas or disturbing others in any area of the library.