Library computer users must abide by Technology Services' university-wide policy on computer and network use, and other applicable Technology Services policies. The following list characterizes some, but not all, unacceptable uses of computers in the Library:
- Repeated use for non-academic purposes
- Attempting to install software on Library computers
- Attempting to alter files or modify the configuration of any Library workstation or peripheral
- Violations of the Library computer security or network integrity, including attempts to bypass network security, obtain passwords, share passwords with others, or the unauthorized use of passwords
- Destruction or damage of computer equipment, or the removal of any part of the Library computer workstations
- Use of two or more library computers simultaneously
- Connecting personal computers, laptops, or other devices to the Library's wired (Ethernet) network
- copying any copyright-protected digital content
- Any illegal activity
Anyone using the computers inappropriately will be required to cease the activity. Repeated violations by students, staff or faculty will be referred to the appropriate campus disciplinary body. Violations by non-affiliated users will be referred to the Department of Public Safety. Violators may be removed from the campus.
Guests (Non-Tulane Library Users)
A limited number of computers are available for guest use. These computers are equipped with a Web browser only, and are intended for uses such as library catalog and database searching, Internet searching, brief e-mail, or printing for research purposes. For more on printing, see the Printing & Copying page. For guest computer locations, see the Computing Resources page.
We reserve the right to limit guests' computer time (normally this should not exceed two hours per day) and to verify that the use is for academic research.
Food and Drink
Drinks in covered containers are allowed, but please be careful near computer equipment. Users are responsible for damage from spills. Food should only be eaten in the snack lounge in the basement (accessed by the foyer stairwell) or in the seating area opposite the PJ's. See the food and drink policy for more information.