Quiet Study Area
The library should be a place conducive to study, but its space limitations and lack of study rooms often make it difficult to find a quiet spot to study. Therefore the 3rd floor stack area of the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library has been designated as a quiet study area.
- Patrons should refrain from talking or working in groups on the 3rd floor.
- Students who wish to work in groups should use the designated group study rooms available on the 1st and 2nd floor.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in this area
- Staff and student assistants who work in this area should refrain from loud talking in and around study areas
- Patrons whose quiet study is disrupted are strongly encouraged to contact the Circulation Desk. A stacks phone is available on the 3rd floor for this purpose
- Library patrons who fail to abide by the quiet study policy will be asked to leave the 3rd floor reading area