The Howard-Tilton Memorial Library provides a robust computing environment for Tulane affiliates. The Learning Commons on the 1st floor is equipped with both PCs and Macs, and a large screen display for group presentation practice and collaborative work. PCs are available on every floor. Our computers are equipped with the following software:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer
- PCs have statistical software: SAS, IBM SPSS (formerly called PASW)
- Macs have video and audio production software: Garage Band, iMovie, iPhoto, and Final Cut Express
- Macs also have Safari web browser and Keynote
To use these computers, you must be a Tulane affiliate with a valid login and password (your Tulane email username and password). For more information on using computers at the library, please review the Computer Use Policy.
A number of computers equipped with internet access and the Microsoft office suite are available to guests. These are located on the first floor in the quiet study area and in the third floor quiet study area. For information on our policy for the use of guest computers, see the guest section of the Computer Use policy.